As you will be aware, the position of Kildare Senior Football Manager is currently vacant. To this end, the Kildare County Committee are now inviting expressions of interest from candidates. The closing date for expressions is 5.00pm on Friday 17th September and all correspondence is to be sent, by email, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Nominations received beyond the deadline will not be accepted. It also lies within the remit of the County Committee to identify potential candidates for this role.
It is noted that the general criteria for consideration for this post are as follows:
- Ability to plan:
- Possess an ability to develop an appropriate game plan, including appropriate tactics and measurement of success.
- Have ability to develop periodised operational plans that incorporate selection, injury, rehabilitation, communication, players returning to their clubs, discipline, conduct etc.
- Building a Management Team:
- Possess an ability to establish a high performing management team, ability to delegate and justify all appointments with an understanding of Gaelic Football specific components.
- Management and Leadership:
- Possess experience and a positive track record in providing purpose, direction, and motivation to achieve success for the Kildare Senior Football Squad.
- Have ability to influence the culture within the squad and instil the appropriate values and attributes for all involved.
Following the closing date for receipt of expressions of interest, candidates will be shortlisted by a selection committee and will then be invited to present to the committee based on the above criteria. Additional information will be provided to candidates prior to interview to assist them in preparing their presentation. Following interview, the preferred candidate will be brought to the Kildare GAA Management Committee for approval and County Committee for ratification.
The selection committee will comprise of Mick Gorman, Colm Farrell, Alan Dunney and Michael McGeehin. The board will be supported in a coordination / administration role by both Kildare GAA’s County Secretary and Operations Manager.
Michael McGeehin is the current Director of Sport Ireland Coaching. He works closely with the GAA in the development of their coach education and coach developer programmes and has assisted a large number of County Committees in the recruitment and appointment of Senior Football Team Managers.
Mise le meas,
Christine Murray/Cristíona Ní Muirí
Rúnaí Chill Dara / Kildare GAA Secretary