Kildare GAA would like to invite applications for the Kildare Minor (U17) Football Manager position 2022 for a 3-year term, reviewed annually.
During this term, the manager will be tasked with implementing a successful performance program that develops players to progress to the County U20 and Senior ranks in future years.
This age grade is a critical phase on a players development pathway as they prepare to transition from youth to adult competition. In acknowledgment of this, the position will be appropriately resourced and supported by our Athletic Development & Football Directors.
Candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Garda Vetted and have completed mandatory child welfare and behaviour courses
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience coaching youth &/or adult GAA team(s).
- Have experience in the development of talented players on a performance pathway.
- Desirable to have achieved an Award 1 GAA Football Youth & Adult Coaching Qualification.
- Be self-motivated, committed and enthusiastic about coaching.
- Create an environment that balances player development with team performance.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead and motivate players.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Working with the Kildare GAA Athletic Development & Football Directors to:
- Plan, develop and implement a system to deliver a successful performance program.
- Recruit and manage the management and support team.
- Develop an effective periodised season in alignment with the club & school seasons.
- Ensure county protocols around other team availability are adhered to (e.g. club, school, dual player, etc.)
- Manage the annual team budget.
- Manage the planning, preparation and delivery of the coaching sessions.
- Manage the delivery of the athletic development program.
- Be available on occasion to represent Kildare GAA in relation to promotional activities.
Please note that this is a voluntary position and there is no capacity to provide remuneration.
Subject to applications, there will be an interview process.
The closing date for the application is 5pm on Friday 17th September 2021. Please submit a letter outlining suitability for the role and a full coaching / management CV documenting any relevant experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mise le meas,
Christine Murray/Cristíona Ní Muirí
Rúnaí Chill Dara / Kildare GAA Secretary