Cumann Lúthchleas Gael Coiste Chontae Cill Dara will be recruiting Voluntary Safety Stewards for our county facilities.
To be part of the match day action, the following criteria is required:
- Aged 18 years or older
- Available midweek and/or weekends
- Active and enthusiastic
- Customer focused
- An interest in GAA would be beneficial
Role of Voluntary Stewards on event days:
- The main role of a volunteer safety steward is to maintain a safe and secure environment in your given area and to be familiar with the stadium ground regulations, ensuring that any breach of these regulations is brought to a safe conclusion.
- Crowd control – side-line duty, stand vomitories, crowd management, reporting any potential incidents or incidents which have occurred to the relevant supervisor.
- Emergency procedures – e.g., assisting with stadium evacuation
- Traffic management – assisting with traffic management and parking
- Customer care – usher and assist patrons, disability awareness assistance, direct patrons to designated smoking areas, catering units, stadium facilities and recycling banks
- Media – assist with photographers and reporters
- Match day miscellaneous – dressing rooms, players’ tunnel duties, security etc.
Stewards will be trained and accredited by the GAA National Health & Safety Committee, and the course is monitored by the Europlan Group who will be present.
- Course will take place on Saturday 22nd Oct 2022.
- Commencing @ 9am. Refreshments provided.
- Certification & recertified will only be awarded upon completion of the Course.
- Venue – Newbridge Town Hall ( Eircode W12 C652 )
Please click on link below to register your interest before the closing date – 14th October : https://forms.office.com/r/xyZi8ERR3H