Join the Cumann Lúthchleas Gael
Coiste Chontae Cill Dara Stewarding Team
Cumann Lúthchleas Gael Coiste Chontae Cill Dara will be recruiting Voluntary Safety Stewards for our county facilities and providing training for club stewards.
To be part of the match day action, the following criteria is required:
· Aged 18 years or older
· Available midweek and/or weekends
· Active and enthusiastic
· Customer focused
· An interest in GAA would be beneficial
Role of Voluntary Stewards on event days:
- The main role of a volunteer safety steward is to maintain a safe and secure environment in your given area and to be familiar with the stadium ground regulations, ensuring that any breach of these regulations is brought to a safe conclusion.
- Crowd control – side-line duty, stand vomitories, crowd management, reporting any potential incidents or incidents which have occurred to the relevant supervisor.
- Emergency procedures – e.g., assisting with stadium evacuation
- Traffic management – assisting with traffic management and parking
- Customer care – usher and assist patrons, disability awareness assistance, direct patrons to designated smoking areas, catering units, stadium facilities and recycling banks
- Media – assist with photographers and reporters
- Match day miscellaneous – dressing rooms, players’ tunnel duties, security etc.
Stewards will be trained and accredited by the GAA National Health & Safety Committee, and the course is monitored by the Europlan Group who will be present.
- Course will take place on Saturday 13th August 2022.
- Commencing @ 9am. Refreshments provided.
- Certification & recertified will only be awarded upon completion of the Course.
- Venue – St.Conleths ,Newbridge.